31/10/2007

Hymn Draw Me 577

This hymn is 577 in the collection. The idea comes from Song of Songs Chapter 1. At some later point someone added a chorus. If thou hast drawn a thousand times (Oh draw me, Lord, again) Around me cast the Spirit's bands. (Oh draw me, Lord, again). It anticipates Fanny Crosby's much later Draw me nearer.

1 Jesus, my Saviour, bind me fast. In cords of heavenly love; Then sweetly ' draw me' to thy breast, Nor let me thence remove.
2 'Draw me' from all created good. To the dear fountain of thy blood, Myself, the world, and sin; And make me pure within.
3 Oh lead me to thy mercy seat, Attract me nearer still; 'Draw me', like Mary, to thy feet, To sit and learn thy will.
4 Oh 'draw me' by thy providence, Thy spirit and thy word, From all the things of time - and sense, To thee my gracious Lord.

No comments: