1. Satan is called a prince, which implies power and dominion.
2. He is the prince of this world.
Here let us inquire whose subjects are we?
His coming implies
1. That he has hitherto kept at a distance
2. He had some particular end in view, which he wished to accomplish
3. His coming would be immediate and without delay
He is frequently near to us when we think him at the greatest distance.
But we have two things to comfort us - The conflict though sharp will be but short: we shall soon be out of his reach, and he that now comes will come no more - And if we persist, we shall certainly be victorious.
The sinner cannot say this neither can the saint until he get to heaven.
The unspotted purity of Christ’s nature was owing to the following things, all of which were peculiar to himself
1. His miraculous conception
2. He was filled with the Spirit and all the graces were in full maturity
3. As the Son of God he was possessed of a divine nature
(2) Let i teach us to cherish high and adoring thoughts of Christ