07/07/2008

Beddome Sermons Volume 3

The third volume of "Twenty short discourses" was published from Dunstable another two years after the previous volume in 1809. Like the previus volume a sixth edition appeared from London in 1825. These are the texts and titles found in Volume 3.
  1. 2 Timothy 2:7 Consider what I say; and the Lord give thee understanding in all things. On hearing the Word
  2. Ezekiel 20:41 I will accept you with your sweet savour, when I bring you out from the people, and gather you out of the countries wherein ye have been scattered; and I will be sanctified in you before the heathen. Acceptance with God
  3. Luke 19:41, 42 And when he was come near, he beheld the city, and wept over it, Saying, If thou hadst known, even thou, at least in this thy day, the things which belong unto thy peace! but now they are hid from thine eyes. Christ weeps over Jerusalem
  4. Jeremiah 15:15 O LORD, thou knowest: remember me, and visit me, and revenge me of my persecutors; take me not away in thy longsuffering: know that for thy sake I have suffered rebuke. Jeremiah's Prayer
  5. John 3:7 Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. Regeneration
  6. Psalm 148:14 He also exalteth the horn of his people, the praise of all his saints; even of the children of Israel, a people near unto him. Praise ye the LORD. Nearness to God
  7. Jeremiah 17:17 Be not a terror unto me: thou art my hope in the day of evil. Divine wrath an object of justice
  8. John 14:30 Hereafter I will not talk much with you: for the prince of this world cometh, and hath nothing in me. Christ's Conflict
  9. Hebrews 10:26 For if we sin wilfully after that we have received the knowledge of the truth, there remaineth no more sacrifice for sins. The danger of apostasy
  10. James 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment. The connection between faith and works
  11. Zechariah 9:12 Turn you to the strong hold, ye prisoners of conscience The sinner's refuge
  12. Acts 9:4 Saul, Saul, why persecutest thou me? The Persecutor
  13. Mark 10:26 Who then can be saved? Difficulties of salvation
  14. Acts 11:23 Who, when he came, and had seen the grace of God was glad The visibleness of true religion
  15. Rom 8:37 In all these things we are more than conquerors through him that loved us Christian conquerors
  16. 2 Peter 3:14 Be diligent, that ye may be found of him in in peace, without spot, and blameless. Peace with God
  17. Acts 16:14 Whose heart the Lord opened, that she attended to the things which were spoken of Paul The conversion of Lydia
  18. 1 Peter 1:16 Be ye holy, for I am holy The nature of holiness
  19. Hosea 8:2 Israel shall cry unto me, My God, we know thee The knowledge of God
  20. Rom 8:28 We know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are called according to his purposes Evil things over-ruled for good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You write very well.