20/12/2019

Boswell Beddome's will

Will of Boswell Brandon Beddome, Benjamin's son.

I Boswell Brandon Beddome of Walworth Surrey duly considering the uncertainty (of) life do while in health of body and mind make this my last Will and Testament. I commit my body to the dust hoping that through the works and mediation of Jesus the Son of God it will be raised a glorious body and united to the spirit will enjoy complete and eternal happiness.
I give and bequeath to my beloved sons
John Reynolds Beddome,
William Beddome and
Olinthus G. Gregory,
whom I hereby appoint Executors to this my last Will and Testament all my freehold leasehold and personal property of every description including my share in the Equitable Insurance Office in Trust for for the use and purpose of my last Will and Testament
And first I will that my said Executors and Trustees do as much as they possibly can to advantage convert all my property into money and first discharge all my lawful debts and burial expenses
And secondly provide for the due payment of an annuity for my beloved wife Sarah agreeable to her marriage settlement
Thirdly I will my said Executors and Trustees do pay to my beloved sons
William Beddome,
Samuel Beddome
and Boswell Beddome
five hundred pounds each, also to my daughter Jane Beddome five hundred pounds, and to my daughter Sophie Beddome five hundred pounds.
The remainder of my property after paying my debts and the above legacies I do give and bequeath and request may be paid to my said Executors and Trustees in manner following:
to my son John Reynolds Beddome one share
to my son William Beddome one share
to my son Samuel Beddome one share
to my son Boswell Beddome one share
to my daughter Anne Gregory one share
to my daughter Jane Beddome one share
to my daughter Sophia Beddome one share
and lastly I do by these presents revoke any former Will and Testament
In witness thereof I sign this my last Will and Testament signed and sealed with my own hand this twentieth day of July in the year of our Lord eighteen hundred and thirteen
B.B.Beddome LS Signed and delivered in the presence of us
Josh Hackson Gracechurch St, Suzette Maria Jackon, William Taylor
Proved at London 21st. November 1816 before the worshipful John Danbury Dr. Of Laws, sworn by the oaths of William Beddome the son, Olinthus Gilbert Gregory Dr. of Laws two of the Execotors to whom Admon was granted, having first sworn duly to execute power reserved to John Reynolds Beddome the son & other Executor.

No comments: