20/03/2021

Medical References in Sermons 08

Self-examination Psalm 139:23

THIS excellent Psalm so descriptive of the greatness and majesty glory and excellency of God concludes with a pathetic address to him Search me oh God. Do it thoroughly, search into my actions and all their springs, into the temper of my mind and every crevice of my soul. Take full cognizance of me, examine me as an artist does his work to see whether there be any flaw or defect in it, as a physician does the pulse or a surgeon the wounds of his patient, as a merchant his book of accompts or a shopkeeper his stock in trade. Try me as we try gold in a balance or by the touchstone or as candidates for honour and preferment to see whether their talents be equal to the station they are designed to occupy.

No comments: